Toshiba Wireless Adaptor Unresponsive

jhenryjhenry California's Wine Country
edited July 2006 in Hardware
In my laptop, my wireless card has gone to hell. It's an Atheros based chip, the AR5001X+. The laptop is a Toshiba Satellite A35-S159.

I reinstalled Windows from scratch and a real install disc, so I lost all of my specialized drivers and all, but it seems to work fine otherwise. (Plus, no bloat!)

Today, it was working fine until I left to go somewhere. I turned it off when I left, but the battery was completely dead when I got back home (nobody could have used it). Then, the wireless adaptor light on the side, next to the switch, isn't on. The switch is on, but nothing. Windows recognizes the hardware, and the Atheros software says the radio is off. I tried using the FN,F8 to toggle the radio, but nothing happens.

Has anyone else experienced problems with this god-awful line of computers, and if so, how did you fix it? I'd ask Toshiba, but my warranty has long since expired.

Thanks,
John

Comments

• jhenryjhenry California's Wine Country
    edited July 2006
    Nevermind, had to let it rest with absolutely no power and the issue resolved itself.

Now, I cannot connect to any WEP secured network. I can connect to a WPA-PSK network, but I have no internet access. Go figure, wireless sucks major donkey ****

Can someone please move this to Wireless / Networking? I'm having my network fail when Windows 'Detecting Network Type' status thingy comes up. Then, the connection fails. However, it worked fine an hour ago.

Any ideas?

Thanks