items left in my right click menu after uninstallation

djshowdowndjshowdown London
edited July 2006 in Science & Tech
i installed a program called id3-tagit which added an 'id3-tagit' option to my right click menu when i click a folder

i did my homework and read up on context menu handlers but i cannot get this one to shift!:banghead:

if anyone can help me out i would be most grateful

i have no problems editing my registry

i really hate the clutter that certain programs leave behind!!!!!!!

rant over

help me please!!!!

Comments

• profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited July 2006
    I'm assuming that you've uninstalled the program. If not, be very careful which strings you delete.

Search the registry for id3-tagit and delete the individual string(s) where it is found. You might want to export them first, just in case... ;)

I'm with you, I like to keep a tidy right-click menu. Programs which leave useless junk behind really irk me.
  • djshowdowndjshowdown London
    edited July 2006
    thank you very much

prof bails me out again

why cant companies take all their crap with them after uninstallation of programs?!

is it really that hard to to?
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited July 2006
    Isn't there also a windows utility that can allow you to directly customise your rclicks. Does TweakUI do that?
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited July 2006
    TweakUI lets you remove some of the right-click>>New Document Templates like Word, etc. I don't think there is a complete functionality to remove everything that manages to worm its way in there.

I could be worng, though. :)sic
  • edited July 2006
    profdlp wrote:
    TweakUI lets you remove some of the right-click>>New Document Templates like Word, etc. I don't think there is a complete functionality to remove everything that manages to worm its way in there.

I could be worng, though. :)sic
    could just do "control folders" @ run -> file types -> select one you want -> change

that's if you want to clear it out...
  • djshowdowndjshowdown London
    edited July 2006
    so could this be something that somebody could program then?

something that allows complete control over context menu items but that does so in an easy to understand fashion?

some ppl just dont know where to go for help and/or are uncomfortable with editing the registry

p.s. i tried some little apps that i found online to try to remove this thing but the only things they found in my context menu are things that i wanna keep like 7-zip options (add to archive etc)