SIl 3112 Post Problem

edited July 2006 in Hardware
OK I truly having a problem here. I bought a SATA II HD 300gig and I since I don’t have onboard SATA I bought this Sil 3112 SATA Raid card from newegg.

Well I plug everything up. Install the drivers while in windows xp pro that was already running on the C drive. . I could see the new sata drive and I clone my C drive to the new drive. Well when I went to go boot up. It could not see the SATA drive. So I thought well I will just do fresh install. Still load boot cd and windows f6 drivers install but still no boot to sata. I can see in post that the raid is on IRQ 11, but is there another post where I can change the setting like before it boot up to windows and not in the bios of the mother board. I read there is a GUI, but I don’t see any of that. In my bios on my mb all I have to choose is SCSI. And since my card is not a on board card is there a separate bios. Well they are other but none that pertains to a SATA drive. Or did I get a lemon. Is there sapost to be a post msg that say the SATA card is working. Or I cant boot from this drive. Ok thank you for the help. If you need to know more info just let me know.

Comments

• Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
    edited July 2006
    First, in MB BIOS there should be the option for "other" in boot order. Second, in the BIOS config for the controller card you should have an option to make the drive bootable. What MB do you have?
  • edited July 2006
    Mt_Goat wrote:
    First, in MB BIOS there should be the option for "other" in boot order. Second, in the BIOS config for the controller card you should have an option to make the drive bootable. What MB do you have?

Funny thing happen. I could not get my bios to reset it self. And my keyboard would not work . so i reset my bios to defaults. And then it started working. I dont know. maybe I had old HD in master, but I had change it to cable select. But not it is working great. It see the drive. Thank you for the help. Just reading the post on here from everyone still helped allot. I know more about SATA then i did before, just from this one problem. Thanks again.