NEC 3540A problem

edited July 2006 in Hardware
Sorry for making another thread about this, but the other one died and I really need some help or atleast for someone to help me to know what my problem is.

My 3540a has been acting strangely, reading a couple cds while not reading others. I don't have many game cds with me anymore as I lost them all during my recent move, but have found that Call of Duty 2 and Farcry (two games i got for free with my graphics card) work. What I know doesn't work is blank cds, Warcraft 3, and Diablo 2. I don't really care for much of the other games but not being able to play WC3 is driving me nuts and not being able to burn cds when I need to is realling starting to bug as well. Does anyone have any idea why this is happening? I updated my firmware to the latest version also.

edit*

when i put in the cds that work a cd sign pops up next to my cursor then turns into a sandclock(working) sign. When i put in blank cds or the others that dont work the cd sign pops up and stays for a while before blinking and eventually going away.

Comments