Need help with display

edited July 2006 in Hardware
Hello all.
I am having problems setting the correct resolution on my display. I have just purchased a widescreen TFT with a native resolution of 1366x768. I have an XFX GeForce 7600GT XE with a max resolution of 2560x1600, and I am running XP home MCE. When I try to change the display settings, the highest resolution available is 1024x768. I can't get widescreen. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance for any help.

Comments

• Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited July 2006
    Did you install the new drivers for the card? and do you mean 1360 x 768?

what brand is the TFT display? model #?
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited July 2006
    ...what brand is the TFT display? model #?
    I'm guessing that Windows sees the monitor as either Default Monitor or Plug and Play Monitor. I'm betting that if you answer Sledge's question he'll have you up and running in no time. :cheers:
  • edited July 2006
    The GPU was just installed days ago. So, I assumed it had all the latest drivers. The monitor is actually a TV; Samsung 26" m/n LNR268W. And, the specs list the native resolution as 1366x768. Thanks fellas.
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited July 2006
    So you didn't install the drivers off the CD that came with the Graphics Card?
  • edited July 2006
    Yes, the drivers from the CD were installed. I meant that I did not download any additional drivers off the net.
    edited July 2006
    What does it say under the display settings regarding Monitor/TV?
  • edited July 2006
    The display settings where? the Windows display settings? or NVidia control panel?
  • edcentricedcentric near Milwaukee, Wisconsin Icrontian
    edited July 2006
    The specific monitor needs to be listed. You may need an update from Samsung.
    Another thought, is you driver showing 'supported modes' or all? If you tell it to show all you should be able to get what you need.
    edited July 2006
    newbie69 wrote:
    The display settings where? the Windows display settings? or NVidia control panel?
    Go to Display Properties, click Advanced, then look at Monitor Type on the Monitor tab.