Poser 6 Question

edited July 2006 in Hardware
I recently started using poser 6 for an animation project. I am completely new and have no idea what I am doing. I would like to create a 2 dimentional animated cartoon using still photographs like Monty Python or JibJab. I would like to take a photograph of a face, black out the jaw, take an identical photo of the jaw and animate it in, then run this through mimic to match the voice. I thought poser 6 may let me create the charictor with an animated jaw. Can this be done in this program. How?

Thanks,

Mark.

Comments

• BoneBone Canadia
    edited July 2006
    i dont know what poser 6 is, but thier cartoons are made with flash.
  • airbornflghtairbornflght Houston, TX Icrontian
    edited July 2006
    markarkark wrote:
    I would like to create a 2 dimentional animated cartoon using still photographs like Monty Python or JibJab. I would like to take a photograph of a face, black out the jaw, take an identical photo of the jaw and animate it in, then run this through mimic to match the voice. I thought poser 6 may let me create the charictor with an animated jaw.

That is flash, never heard of the aforementioned.:thumbup
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited July 2006
    Poser is a character creation software, kinda bland IMHO, but useful. Unfortunatly I don't know how to do what he wants, but by the sound of it he would probably be better off with flash in combination with poser 6.

All you would do is create your character in poser, take the mouth out and copy it into a separate layer in flash and animate it. Don't know how to be more descriptive than that, and I am sure you can use something other than flash like After Effects or something, but I think Flash would be easier.

So just to rehash, you'd create your poser 6 character, render it out, take that image and import it into flash, use the lasso to cut out the mouth areayou wantto move, paste that into a separate layer and animate it together. It would probably be the perfect solution if I understand you correctly.