Core Temp v0.9.0.91

csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
edited July 2006 in Hardware
I've really been using this program a lot the past week or so to monitor core temps. Although I rarely consider these types of programs highly accurate this one has been doing well. It is very similar to max t-case except it gives core temps ...even individual temps on multicores.

My max t-case is reported as 49c ...if my cores ever reach it I get failure. So the burn-in I've been doing the past few weeks seems to have succeeded somewhat in that I'm up 2690 now and not losing f@h wus.

At any rate I thought I'd link the program so that you can see if you find it useful as well!

Core Temp v0.9.0.91

Comments

• Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited July 2006
    Good Find :)
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited July 2006
    Good Find :)
    Thanks!

I've learned a lot about my temps since I've started using this program. pcprobe2 that I usually use reports a cpu temps of 41c under f@h load ...core temp tells me that one core is 43c & the other is 44c. After about 12 - 24 hours the temps seem to drop a few degrees so that's when I clock up another 10mhz and it's doing great that way!
  • lemonlimelemonlime Canada Member
    edited July 2006
    Going to check that one out, thanks csimon
    edited July 2006
    lemonlime wrote:
    Going to check that one out, thanks csimon
    Man ...I can't reboot my system w/o this lil program. I'm addicted for sure. This should be filed in the download section for overclockers. It has saved me sooooo much grief!
  • edited July 2006
    Excellent program ive been looking for a good temp program since nvidia monitor went crazy thanks

coretemp6lo.th.jpg
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited July 2006
    I have been using this program for a week or so. Looks like the version you linked to is slightly newer, though. :)
  • edited July 2006
    How is it any better than the tried and true application: MBM5?
  • DonutDonut Maine New
    edited July 2006
    MBM doesn't support some of the newer boards out there. Somehow I got the beta version 0.9.0.86. I like it, finally something that works on my MSI duallie board. my version appears to be for the Yonah cores. I guess I'll try the newer version, Thanks!
    edited July 2006
    TheSmJ wrote:
    How is it any better than the tried and true application: MBM5?
    MBM5 is/was good but since it hasn't been supported I haven't used it. Does MBM5 read 2 cores indepently?
    One thing I've learned is that there is a 35w and a 75w version of the opti170 ...I'm sure the same is true with the rest of the optis. Mine is a 35w w/ a 49c max tcase.
    edited July 2006
    Donut wrote:
    Somehow I got the beta version 0.9.0.86.
    LOL ...I just realized that's the version I've been using all along. The new one reads exactly the same so I guess they just added more intel support or something.
    edited July 2006
    How accurate have you guys been finding the temps from coretemp for each core? I have a 14'C delta between core 1 and 2.. is anyone else seeing this or are your temps pretty close?

attachment.php?attachmentid=20669&stc=1&d=1152972884
    edited July 2006
    mine is only 35w and 2-3c difference under load. at idle it's around 10c diff w/ my cpu0 being the lower.
    I've seen reports at xtremesystems of 20c difference.
    My cpu1 turns in more incomplete wu's than cpu0 ...I assume cause cpu1 reaches max t-case first and craps.
    edited July 2006
    csimon wrote:
    mine is only 35w and 2-3c difference under load. at idle it's around 10c diff w/ my cpu0 being the lower.
    I've seen reports at xtremesystems of 20c difference.
    My cpu1 turns in more incomplete wu's than cpu0 ...I assume cause cpu1 reaches max t-case first and craps.

Thats interesting.. the warmer of the two cores is the weaker for me too. I promised I wouldn't pop the top on this thing though :D
    edited July 2006
    lemonlime wrote:
    Thats interesting.. the warmer of the two cores is the weaker for me too. I promised I wouldn't pop the top on this thing though :D

LOL ...so did I! Honestly I went through the procedure last night as I fell asleep ...trying to go over where I went wrong last time. Just as I had convinced myself to do it I talked my way out of it by recalling what it cost me last time. Have you priced an Opteron 175 lately? Man I was sick. I gave it to Mudd to inspect it but I just know it's a gonner. $500 down the toilet. Makes me sick! :zombie:
    edited July 2006
    csimon wrote:
    LOL ...so did I! Honestly I went through the procedure last night as I fell asleep ...trying to go over where I went wrong last time. Just as I had convinced myself to do it I talked my way out of it by recalling what it cost me last time. Have you priced an Opteron 175 lately? Man I was sick. I gave it to Mudd to inspect it but I just know it's a gonner. $500 down the toilet. Makes me sick! :zombie:

I hear ya. Sorry to hear about your 175. Did you cut traces on the PCB or something?

My 148 still looks like a dog has been chewing on it. Bent the pins down one side too. Amazingly it still works fine (although it probably shouldn't).
    edited July 2006
    lemonlime wrote:
    I hear ya. Sorry to hear about your 175. Did you cut traces on the PCB or something?

My 148 still looks like a dog has been chewing on it. Bent the pins down one side too. Amazingly it still works fine (although it probably shouldn't).

Yeah I cut deep into the pcb. I was thinking of using a single edge razor on my next endeavor. However, I got :Pwned: on the last one.
    edited July 2006
    The Coolest says that for the Opteron 170 a TCaseMax of 49C and TDP of 35W are inaccurate. He says they'll be removed on the next revision.

I thought I was the only one who had this issue.
    49c.JPG 27.1K