LED Code?

fvsfvs
edited July 2006 in Hardware
I have a Biostar TForce 6100 mother board and I have a problem trying to boot into the bios, All I get is a black screen no bios, This motherboard has 4 red LED lights that tell you what the problem could be, But I can't find the info, I'm presently googling and I went to the biostar manual and can't find the answer, Anyone Know? I'm stuck.

PS I reset my cmos pins and removed the battery, no dice.

Comments

• LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited July 2006
    You can get the manual in pdf form here: http://www.biostar-usa.com/mbdownloads.asp?model=TFORCE%206100-939
    Beep code page 12
    LED codes page 11 of the pdf (page 6 of the manual)

But here's what you need:
  • fvsfvs
    edited July 2006
    Wasn't very clear to me 4 LEDs, The first 2 were on, the second 2 were off,
    not clear to me enough. I reinstalled all the pci extras and turned power back
    now only the first LED is on the next 3 are off and no power? Thanks for help.
  • danball1976danball1976 Wichita Falls, TX
    edited July 2006
    fvs wrote:
    Wasn't very clear to me 4 LEDs, The first 2 were on, the second 2 were off,
    not clear to me enough. I reinstalled all the pci extras and turned power back
    now only the first LED is on the next 3 are off and no power? Thanks for help.

Ok, with power on, you had two on, two off. Based on the attatchment, you had a CPU/Chipset Error

Next, with power on, you had one on, three off.

First LED: Power - LED is ON
    Second LED: DIMM - LED is OFF - Indicated voltage of RAM is not normal
    Third & Fourth LED: Both LEDs are OFF - same error as before.
  • fvsfvs
    edited July 2006
    Would you say that the CPU is defective or the motherboard or both?
    I tested it with nothing but 1 stick of memory and switched sticks, I wouldn't think both sticks are bad? One more question, What about power supply? If blue light is on the power is supposed to be on and it is, Can I assume the power supply is good? Both fans run.
    Glad to have your input. Thanks. fvs
  • edited July 2006
    Hello people I myself own a 6100-m9.But i told my friend to pay the extra $10 bucks i didnt and get the tforce version.Well long story short he got it and put it all together(his first build)and I went over with him over the phone and he had everything hooked up right.But his motherboard has the first LED on and its red.I have the PDF. of the manual.He tryed the on-board switch.It should mean ready for power UP but it wont.Were both stumped.PLzz any suggestions.

Danball1976 what do you mean by; First LED: Power - LED is ON

EDIT: Is it maybe his ram is a DOA?