cpu temps..should i be concerned?

WuGgaRoOWuGgaRoO Not in the shower Icrontian
edited August 2006 in Hardware
Well I have a 2.53ghz P4 cpu..and right now I am getting 113F/47c for my "case" temp and 77F/27C for my cpu..and i KNOW that it has to be reversed because it makes no sense.. Well I was wondering if this sounds like correct readings or should i be concerned about the temps,
I currently have a slk900 with a 53cfm fan on top of it... and I used OCZ silver +5 or whatever their silver adhesive is called.. should I be looking be concerned or am i fine?

Comments

• WuGgaRoOWuGgaRoO Not in the shower Icrontian
    edited July 2006
    strange enough, it is my system that is at 45c...where in the heck is the system temp diode at? Or where are they typically on motherboards
  • lemonlimelemonlime Canada Member
    edited July 2006
    Hi Wug, are this temps while folding? If so, 45'c for the CPU sounds about right, but I'd agree that they must be reversed. What application are you using to monitor the temps? I'd give something like Speedfan a try, to see if it is consistent. Also, check the temps in the BIOS..
    edited July 2006
    well i do realize that it is reversed...and yes those are temps under full load..its just a lil disheartening when i have a nice hsf combo and i used the ocz thermal paste, i wish i could get it to like 42 or so.. or is that only possible with h20 cooling
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited July 2006
    What program are you using to monitor the temps? What does the BIOS say?

My daughter's Abit board required a BIOS update to get proper temp readings. Like you, her readings were reversed before the update. What MB do you have?
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited July 2006
    I've seen MBM5 reverse the readings... very often.
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited July 2006
    GHoosdum wrote:
    I've seen MBM5 reverse the readings... very often.
    Same here, though that is easily corrected. The weird thing about my daughter's board was that the BIOS readout had it backwards, too. :wtf:
    edited August 2006
    yea my barton is running at about 54C at full load when its oced to 2800+ stats...should i resort to the original clock... (its at 1.85V) I think i also need some of that air ina can to help out how dirty the hsf is