recovery cd for Toshiba satalite 1605FCDS/4.3 Notebook

edited July 2006 in Hardware
Toshiba Laptop Recovery Disc

Can anyone help me out with this?

I've got a Toshiba Sattelite 1605CDS/4.3 It came with Windows 98 OS
Turns out the recovery disc has now been lost by my student daughter.
I called Toshiba Tech Center but they no longer have this inventory and told me to call my local service ceter. The local service center said to call Toshiba.. Catch 22, right!!

If any of you have a recovery disc for my model Notebook, I'd greatly appreciate it if you could help me out .

Comments

• profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited July 2006
    Besides the OS, what else was on the recovery CD besides drivers, etc? (I'm thinking along the lines of Office Suite type things.) If the main reason you need the recovery discs is to merely reinstall Win98 you should be able to get by without Toshiba's official set of discs. You will need a valid CD Key and disc for Win98, but those should be dirt cheap on eBay by now - probably less than what Toshiba would charge you if they had them in stock.

What are the specs of the notebook? Would running WinXP be an option?
  • edited July 2006
    profdlp wrote:
    Besides the OS, what else was on the recovery CD besides drivers, etc? (I'm thinking along the lines of Office Suite type things.) If the main reason you need the recovery discs is to merely reinstall Win98 you should be able to get by without Toshiba's official set of discs. You will need a valid CD Key and disc for Win98, but those should be dirt cheap on eBay by now - probably less than what Toshiba would charge you if they had them in stock.

What are the specs of the notebook? Would running WinXP be an option?