Latest and Greatest MoBo AM2 ??

rolleggrollrolleggroll Next to a bowl of rice
edited July 2006 in Hardware
I have been doing a little research on parts for early adopter status for the new conroe while suddenly I realized why not just make a cheap simple AM2 pc and just hold out why AMD makes something newer.

But I don't know what the new A8n xxxx deluxe 939 etc etc mobo's for AM2 are. So my question is: "What are the new latest and greatest mobo's for Socket AM2 within the categories of High-end gaming, budget gaming, and just general internet browsing and word" type of mobos.

Comments

• Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
    edited July 2006
    I personally would wait on M2 as there will be revision changes and new chisets out a bit later on.
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited July 2006
    AM2 needs some time to get straight. Right now, almost every motherboard is experiencing RAM compatibility issues due to some changes they made to the reference design AMD put out. I'd either wait for AM2 to mature a bit, as mtgoat suggests, or wait for conroe.
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited July 2006
    I also suggest you wait. I bought AM2 cause I needed something now and I might as well buy new but if I had the time, I would've waited.
  • Omega65Omega65 Philadelphia, Pa
    edited July 2006
    Bear in mind 1st gen stuff tends to have problems....
    stick to the top names if you plan to OCing

AM2 Motherboards
    Asus M2N32 (& SLI) (nF5 chipset) series
    Abit KN9 series (nF5 chipset)
    Epox MF4Ultra (nF4 chipset)
    MSI K9N Series (nF5 chipset)
  • TheLostSwedeTheLostSwede Trondheim, Norway Icrontian
    edited July 2006
    I have read nothing but good about the Epox 570 board for AM2 actually. Impossible to get in the states right now though, but i hope to get one in the next week or so. EP-MF570 SLI is the name i think.