adding new ram. suggestions please, also should i leave old ram in?

djshowdowndjshowdown London
edited July 2006 in Hardware
i currently have 1gb of ddr400 ram (not sure which brand)

my mobo (intel D875PBZ) has four ram slots and can accomodate up to 4gb of ram(i believe)

what i wanted to ask was

does anyone have any ram suggestions for me, from somewhere in uk?

also would i be able to leave my old ram in? would it be worth it?

thanks ppl:ukflag:

Comments

• airbornflghtairbornflght Houston, TX Icrontian
    edited July 2006
    I would just buy a 2 gig kit if you feel that 1 gig is inadequate. You can mismatch memory I supose, but I dont think it is a good idea performance wise. I am only running a gig, and I feel that it is more than enough for xp. I was running 256 about 8 months ago or something, and the difference is phenominal, Im not sure how much of a difference there would be going from 1 gig to 2 gigs.

And I would keep it down to using only 2 dims, when you use all 4 dims, some chipsets have stability problems, and latency becomes a problem.
  • djshowdowndjshowdown London
    edited July 2006
    thanks

ok so 2 x 1gb sticks

any suggestions?
    edited July 2006
    OCZ Platinum
  • djshowdowndjshowdown London
    edited July 2006
    so pretty open and closed then lol
  • WuGgaRoOWuGgaRoO Not in the shower Icrontian
    edited July 2006
    yup...ocz is a pretty awesome brand...i have their psu and their thermal gunk...top marks in my book
    edited July 2006
    djshowdown wrote:
    so pretty open and closed then lol

I wont use any other, I recommend it, I use it, you might call me an OCZ evangelist. They haven't let me down yet. Stability aside, the performance of the stuff is unmatched in my books. I also use one of their modstream power supplies, which is also top notch equipment.:D