Harddrive problem...

edited July 2006 in Hardware
I recently installed a second harddrive on my computer and set it up as a slave. I got it to work and i reformatted it and I set it up to be a backup to my main harddrive.

but a few days ago i slipped in my friends harddrive as the master harddrive and tried to intall windows xp pro on it for him. I couldnt get windows to install on it (it was a bad drive or something) so i took his back out and put my master back in. But when I booted up windows it gave me the option of which OS to start. I have always had xp home but now there was the option of xp pro. So i started xp home and it worked fine except i can't get my slave harddrive to show up in My Computer or Disk Management.

Somehow my computer is recognizing two OS's but theres really only one. Can someone help? Oh and sorry if thats a little confusing i'll try to make it clearer if u dont understand. Thanks

Comments

• profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited July 2006
    Go to System>>Advanced>>Startup & Recovery, then click on Edit. Delete the line which refers to the incorrect copy of Windows.

Don't delete the wrong one or you'll be sorry. :cool:

As for not recognizing the second drive, double check your jumpers. What does it say in the BIOS regarding hard drives which are detected?