PC Doesn't Boot

MikeybobMikeybob Middle o' Farmer Land
edited July 2006 in Hardware
Hey guys,

Last night I powered down my PC as usual, but this morning it just wouldn't turn on at all. First I thouhgt maybe my power supply had gone and there's a faint buzzing coming from it (or atleast it sounds like it's coming from the PSU). I'm not sure if this sound was there before though, my PC is pretty loud. The green LED on my motherboard is on though, which made me wonder if the PSU was at fault at all. I've tried plugging the PSU into a spare motherboard and the green LED lit up on there too. I couldn't really test any further with because I don't have a spare chip.

I'm totally stumped what the problem is. If anyone could help out in any way I'd be very grateful.

I'm running:

Asus A8R32-MVP Deluxe with latest BIOS
2 GBs Corsair DDR (1 x 1gb, 1 x 512, 2 x 256)
Sapphire X1900XT with latest drivers
AMD 3500+
Antec TruePower 550W.

Thanks guys.

Comments

• profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited July 2006
    Try resetting the BIOS and see if that makes a change. I would also make a close visual inspection of the MB to see if you can find any signs os an electrical problem (scorch marks, etc).

Do you know someone who would loan you a PSU to try in your system?
  • MikeybobMikeybob Middle o' Farmer Land
    edited July 2006
    Thanks for the advice, but I think it is the PSU. I tried an older one which was a lot powerfful but still managed to power up the graphics card. It was an old 230W PSU with only the 24 pin plug plugged in, which might account for nothing else starting up.