notebook will not power up

edited July 2006 in Hardware
Hi, I have a pavilion zx5078cl notebook. I

always shut it down at night. Yesterday

morning went to turn it on as always, BUT

it will not turn. I also have a docking

station that I keep it on. So I know that

there is power. And even if not, the

battery had a full charge upon shut down.

So I really don't think thats the problem.

So now what I need to know is what is the

most likely cause. :confused:

Comments

• edited July 2006
    I know that the adapter on the motherboard for the power connector goes bad one a lot of laptops. I recently fell victim to this as well. Maybe it's from all that pluging/unpluging, it loosens the adapter on the motherboard.

Can you turn it on with no power adapter pluged in, just off the battery?
    If both fail, it might need to be sent in to be serviced.
    Do you have an extra ac adapter to test if your adapter has gone bad. Is there a green light on the adapter so you can see it's recieving power when pluged in to the wall socket?
  • edited July 2006
    It will not turn on at all, even with just the battery. And yes there is a green light on the adapter. And as I said I have a docking station as an alternative power source. I can fix it, if I can pinpoint what needs replacing.
  • edited July 2006
    Might be the connector on the motherboard. Only way to fix that is by sending it in to be serviced. I had the same exact problem and so have many other laptop users.
  • edited July 2006
    hey dude my laptop did that today it wouldnt switch on, i figured if it gets to hot it tents to like somehow overheat itself a tad, i just wait a few mins for it to cool down and its fine but i suspect something has gone maybe due to overheating something might of just gave way.

You should open it up and have a good old butchers at it, if not get it checked out.

ave you tried change the plug socket you plug it into just incase its the plug or changing the power lead? if it doesnt run with the battery then i supect its an internal problem, best bet to open it up and take a look or get somebody experianced to do it for you.
  • edited July 2006
    Plan to open it up this weekend.