where would i find a dremel?

WuGgaRoOWuGgaRoO Not in the shower Icrontian
edited June 2003 in Hardware
yeah..i wanna start hacking away at my case...where would i find a dremel? and how much should i want to spend on this fabolous machine

Comments

• Omega65Omega65 Philadelphia, Pa
    edited June 2003
    Sears has a cheaper knockoff (it's what I got) and of course Home Depot, Loews, and probably Walmart.

Go to Sears.com and take a look at their prices.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    www.homedepot.com

they have a whole section called "the world of dremel"
  • ClutchClutch North Carolina New
    edited June 2003
    Any home improvement store carries them, also wal-mart does.
  • edited June 2003
    Lowes stores also have them, as well as a good assortment of bits and cutting disks.

BTW, Black and Decker also makes a rotary tool(dremel) and is what I bought a couple of months ago when my Dremel broke. It's better built than the Dremel and the motor has more torque and it also cost less than the Dremel brand rotary tool.
  • WuGgaRoOWuGgaRoO Not in the shower Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    then why do people like the dremel tool so much...in addition, im thinking about doing sum case modding...im gonna give you guys sum links, and gimme ur oppinion about which would be overkill and which one would be juuuuust right
    link

im thinking of one of those three kits...or are even those overkill?
  • ClutchClutch North Carolina New
    edited June 2003
    We're sorry. Your session has expired. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

sorry the link doesn't work. Dremel is like the main sponsor type thing of case modding I think. And it does a great job at what it does, many a dremel has been used for case modding, and many broken flying disc also.
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited June 2003
    Clutch said
    , and many broken flying disc also.

Haha yeah those things are too flimsy.
  • edited June 2003
    Yeah, I've broken many a disk myself.:D

I've gone through about 4 or 5 Dremels over the years; last one the spindle lock housing tore up. This is the rotary tool I just bought. I really like the spindle lock on this much better than the one that was on my Dremel. It is also 3 speeds, which works nicely for everything I've tried to do so far too.
  • leishi85leishi85 Grand Rapids, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    hey muddocktor, how much you paid for that black and decker, rtx-1??, i saw it in walmart for like 55, i was wondering if i was getting ripped off.
  • Red-DawnRed-Dawn Been kidnapped and being held hostage in Edinburgh
    edited June 2003
    was looking at the Black & Decker RT650KA Rotary Tool in B&Q over here, and i'm nearly sure its the same model muddocktar linked in, B&Q had it up for $66.86

found it on their site here http://www.diy.com/bq/product/product.jhtml?PRODID=87409&CATID=62377&maxBullets=999
  • edited June 2003
    leishi85 said
    hey muddocktor, how much you paid for that black and decker, rtx-1??, i saw it in walmart for like 55, i was wondering if i was getting ripped off.

Heck, I can't remember how much I payed for it now, but I seem to remember somewhere around $50-60. I got it at the local Lowes store, which is like a Home Depot.
  • leishi85leishi85 Grand Rapids, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    thanks, now all i need is to save that much cash for that sucker