Help! Pc upgrade..

DeanoDeano Leicestershire, England
edited July 2006 in Hardware
i'm not quite sure if this is in the right board, but none the less, i need help.

As you may be able to tell, i know hardly anything about computers, especially its insides. well i am thinking about either upgrading my current system, or to just sell this one, and buy a better one, and i'd like some advice on which i should do. Here's my setup atm, i have made no modifications, it is still exactly as it was when i first brought it:

My pc is a sony Vaio, brought back in 2002:

HDD: 40gb, 7200 rpm
RAM: 256mb DDR SDRAM

BIOS: Award Medallion BIOS v6.0
Processor: Intel celeron CPU 2.00ghz
Memory: 256RAM

Display: Device:

Name: NVIDIA Geforce4 MX 460
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Monitor: Plug and play

Sound: Device:

Name: YAMAHA AC-XG WDM audio

er..thats all the info i know how to get myself :shakehead

i'm defiantely looking to upgrade my HDD memory, but the rest, i dont really know that much about. :(

but one desktop pc tower i have just found, that i sont know if its any good, is here: HP dx2200

if there is any other info you need, can you please tell me where to get it from and what it is, thanks

Comments

• Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
    edited July 2006
    The first things we need to know are what you plan to use the computer for (Web browsing, Games, Video editing, solitare, etc.) and what your budget is. I think I will need the help of a local from the U.K. for prices and best places to shop. I am going to say that you will be best off by building a new system yourself.
  • DeanoDeano Leicestershire, England
    edited July 2006
    ah right thank you.

well i will be using the system for mostly web browsing, and web designing, but definately not gaming. As for my budget, i'd say i have upto and including about £750, or $1,200. one good uk company i know of, is Dabs, and they sometimes have good deals. and i guess there is always ebay (like this: Athlon Dual Core, as well as the manufacturer's direct sites. but as i said, i dont really know taht much about pc's there just examples :range: