2GB of memory?

RWBRWB Icrontian
edited August 2006 in Hardware
I am thinking of my next purchase of memory, but I kinda need it to be less than $200 for 2GB(2x1GB). It should have good timings and be PC3200. Not much need to OC very much, but it would be nice, but I'd much rather have good timings at stock speeds if anything becuase of how my processor is OC'd.

Currently it's 2.4GHz from 2GHz, it's a X2 3800+. The memory divider is set to run at 333MHz, but at 2.4GHz the memory runs almost precisely 400MHz which is good becuase I currently have 4 DIMMs of 512MB sticks.

Also... just a bit of FYI, I am doing this upgrade becuase it would get me a bit of a performance upgrade due to my Command rate being 2T with 4 DIMM's and it would be 1T with only 2 again. Plus I can upgrade to 4GB later if need be, and I can sell off 2 of my current sticks and use the other two for another system.
:Rocker:

So any ideas of which I should get?:thumbsup:

Also, out of curiosity... I have an ABIT AN8 Fatal1ty SLI Motherboard... I thought I saw some memory that does a CAS 1.5 latency, if so does anyone know if this board would support, and if so... is it worth it?

Comments

• TheLostSwedeTheLostSwede Trondheim, Norway Icrontian
    edited July 2006
    No 1GB sticks will do cas 1.5 i'm afraid. Look at the 3200 Platinum 2GB kit or the Performance 2GB kit. Those are generally really good and stable modules.
  • RADARADA Apple Valley, CA Member
    edited August 2006
    RWB -

I've had the OCZ OCZ5002048EBPE-K 2GB DDR500 PC4000 Platinum Ed Kit
    installed since May 10th. I have been amazed at how stable the memory is.

I was running a Gig of Corsair, and my Asus Mobo would auto-overclock everything by around 5%. Since upgrading to OCZ my machine can handle a 20% overclock without a hiccup. I don't have my timing settings with me, if you want them let me know..

..I defiantely recommend an upgrade to OCZ.