Well, I pulled the trigger......

2»

Comments

• TheLostSwedeTheLostSwede Trondheim, Norway Icrontian
    edited August 2006
    Same Asus as you have so i will probably have to flash it first thing, but it's ok. I have access to a eeprom flashing machine. I just put in the chip, load the file and press auto.
    The kits i got was 2 different versions of Microns. One kit is the new VX stuff which i have a lot of believe in. DDR1000-DDR1100 at 3-3-3-X would be nice if the board can be tweaked to do some nice fsb speeds.
  • lemonlimelemonlime Canada Member
    edited August 2006
    ..DDR1000-DDR1100 at 3-3-3-X

:hair:
  • edited August 2006
    Mt_Goat wrote:
    The problem vid cards were the GT OC version.
    Did someone forget to tell me that before I had to return four 7900GTX's that were exhibiting the same problems as the GT OC versions?
  • edited August 2006
    That's some nice looking ram, Mack. :thumbsup:

Well, I finally got time to get the new build up and running yesterday with the Celly. I had no problems flashing with the Afudos dos utility and have flashed it to the latest official release, which is 0801. And since this machine is a work in progress right now and not a finished article, I just pulled the hard drive, cdrom and floppy out of my AMD dually I'm retiring and dropped them in this rig. And just for giggles, I tried booting up the Win2K Pro install that had been running on the dually and to my surprise, it made it all the way into windows with no problems, saving me from even having to do a repair install.:woowoo: I just ran the driver install apps from the Asus cd disk and installed all the drivers, then installed my vid card drivers for the 7900GTX. After everything is settled in and I get a new sata hard drive for this rig, I will do a proper new install, but this one is working quite well for being a hand-me-down. :D

Right now I have been playing with the Celly a bit and also the windows overclocking utility that came with the board and it makes overclocking the Celly easy so far. I have the Celly at 3.8/200 right now and I think it has more left. Not bad for a $47 proc and the XP90-C I'm using has temps very well under control with it.
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited August 2006
    This is the first I have heard of issues with the 7900GTX 512MB version, the 7900GT's were having issues with one of the out ships getting way to hot and frying... in some cases actaully causing mini fires... My cards seem to run like champs on this end :)

Main_rig.jpg

Hey Mud lets see some images of your new beast!
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited August 2006
    what's the status mudd? I'll be needing help chosing components for a friend real soon.