ECS Mobo + AXP 1800+ for $60

a2jfreaka2jfreak Houston, TX Member
edited October 2003 in Trading Post
Fry's was running a deal today (don't know if it was just Houston or nation-wide, hopefully nation-wide).

The mobo is ECS K7VTA3 (KT333 chipset) so it isn't an overclocker or a feature-rich board.

The CPU is an Athlon XP 1800+ DLT3C JIUHB 0323UPMW

I don't know how great the O323UPMW is, but being a DLT3C JIUHB I'm thinking 2.0GHz possibly higher. Oh, and it is the BOX CPU so it comes with the HSF combo.

Anyway, not a screaming system, but I just got it as a folding system and if another computer goes down I'll be able to have a backup on hand. Now I just need some cheap RAM a cheap HD and a cheap Video card. :D

Comments

• Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
    edited October 2003
    You know while everyone poopoo's the stock AMD HSF's of the past the last ones I got in those combo deals from Fry's looked a whole lot better. I mean they weighed almost double what the old ones did and have much nicer and bigger fans. I have a collection of old HSF's including about 7 different variations of the AMD retail units. With the current drivers I don't think that KT333 based board is a bad deal at all!
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited October 2003
    I got this deal from Fry's. CPU goes to 2.5 GHz with some good cooling. Cept the mobo was a K7S5A.