[Solved]Extremely slow; HJT log

2»

Comments

• TroganTrogan London, UK
    edited August 2006
    That log is clean too.

Hows the computer at present?
  • edited August 2006
    There's still some slowness going on. It is better than what we started with, but there are still occaisional freezes/moments of real sloth. I am going to try to Defrag it again and then see what happens. I tried deleting a bunch of useless files that I had laying around too. (it seemed like you were trying to get rid of that kind of stuff...i hope I didn't jump the gun). I'll let you know if there is any change, but like I said...it is definately improved over where we started.
    edited August 2006
    By all means, delete files you don't need or use. :)

I can't see anymore malware on your computer. Do the Defrag and let me know if it helps.

Your Java is out of date. Older versions have vulnerabilities that malware can use to infect your system. Please follow these steps to remove older version Java components and update to the latest version...

Updating Java:
    • Download the latest version of Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 5.0 Update 8.
    • Scroll down to where it says "The J2SE Runtime Environment (JRE) allows end-users to run Java applications."
    • Click the "Download" button to the right.
    • Check the box that says: "Accept License Agreement."
    • The page will refresh.
    • Click on the link to download Windows Offline Installation with or without Multi-language and save to your desktop.
    • Close any programs you may have running - especially your web browser.
    • Go to Start > Control Panel double-click on Add/Remove programs and remove all older versions of Java.
    • Check any item with Java Runtime Environment (JRE or J2SE) in the name.
    • Click the Remove or Change/Remove button.
    • Repeat as many times as necessary to remove each Java versions.
    • Reboot your computer once all Java components are removed.
    • Then from your desktop double-click on jre-1_5_0_08-windowsi586-p.exe to install the newest version.
  • edited August 2006
    Sorry about the reply length, but I wanted to test the computer for a couple days to see how it worked. Things seem to be good. I think it only slowed down once during these two days. Thanks for spending all that time with me...I appreciate everything. You guys are the greatest!
    edited August 2006
    Your welcome! :)

Let me know if we can mark this resolved?
  • edited August 2006
    Yea...I would definately call this resolved. Things have been great. Thanks!
    edited August 2006
    Your welcome! :)

Thread closed! :)
This discussion has been closed.