Camera taking fuzzy pictures

TrumandrummerTrumandrummer Taylor Michigan Icrontian
edited August 2006 in Internet & Media
First off i have to say, i havnt been on short media much lately simply because of summer, im a lot more busy and i just got a job

So i got this digital camera, well its not mine its my sisters, its pretty nice,i think takes really good pictures

its an olympus stylus 600

but i cant figure it out, whenever i try to take a picture close up to something, it seems to focus on the objects around the target area, and makes the object i was taking a picture of look fuzzy

P8060296.jpg
notice the clear background

P8060298.jpg

and here is a normal picture with the phone, pretty good quality......... i think. lol my sister and the dog, dont ask it was the first pic i found
P7010261.jpg

is there some kind of setting to change or something, because im just not getting this:confused:

Comments

• CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited July 2006
    Is there a macro feature? If not, you may just be hitting the camera's limit.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited July 2006
    look up the minimum focusing distance in the camera's documentation. Chances are, as cyclonite said, you are just seeing the limits of what the camera is capable of.
  • edcentricedcentric near Milwaukee, Wisconsin Icrontian
    edited July 2006
    Either that or the focus mode is set to average over the entire field and not just look at the center.
    Either way, rtfm. There are too many settings to figure out on your own.
  • TrumandrummerTrumandrummer Taylor Michigan Icrontian
    edited August 2006
    ok, thanks everyone ..............

your probably right, it just cant take pics good close up...........

cuz i have another digital cam that does without a problem
  • Private_SnoballPrivate_Snoball Dover AFB, DE, USA
    edited August 2006
    cute dog
  • airbornflghtairbornflght Houston, TX Icrontian
    edited August 2006
    yup, you want to see if it has a macro mode, usually looks like a flower symbol. otherwise you are just hitting the end of what the lens and sensor are capable of.