question about fans

WuGgaRoOWuGgaRoO Not in the shower Icrontian
edited August 2006 in Hardware
do you think that the vantec stealth 92mm with a slk900a would be enough cooling power for a barton2500+ which will not be overclocked but will be running f@h

also, would it be better to put in a cheapo 80mm fan on the side of this case, or leave it as is..i am saying leave it in as is because im worried about the fan stifiling the amount of air which the 92 enermax fan draws in (about 50)
P1070079.jpg

Comments

• edited August 2006
    I have a TT Silenboost on top of a AXP-M 2500+ overclocked to 2.4GHz, it is cooling very good. I think an SLK900 is even better at cooling, and it should be more than enough, even without the side fan. Why don't you try without the side fan first? I bet the other two fans (intake+exhaust) will be sufficient.

Is that a Radeon 9700Pro over there?
  • edited August 2006
    I don't think a Vantec Staelth fan will do the trick myself. The SLK900A heatsinks like a higher pressure fan for moving air into them and a Stealth won't provide enough static air pressure, IMO. I think something along the lines of a 92mm Panaflo H1BX would work a lot better and still isn't too noisy. Just remember, the proc is always 100% loaded with F@H except when it sends a wu in.
  • WuGgaRoOWuGgaRoO Not in the shower Icrontian
    edited August 2006
    yes i know which is why I am worried about it... hey i have a 92mm stealth on a 1.2ghz tbird...is that a HUGE no no?