1.66 point work units?

airbornflghtairbornflght Houston, TX Icrontian
edited August 2006 in Folding@Home
okay, I was looking at EO states, and I have turned in 5 work units that pretty much equated out to crap for points. look at this, it screwed my production over, that is for sure.

actually, now that I look at it, there are many many more WU's that are pretty much nill pointers, what is the deal with them, Id rather my computer work on them for 18 hours or so and then get like 400 points.

Comments

• profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited August 2006
    Check your log; I bet you see a lot of "Early Unit End" or other mentions of instability. Are you overclocking?
  • airbornflghtairbornflght Houston, TX Icrontian
    edited August 2006
    nope, reference clocks all around. I havent wasted my time over clocking this pos 2800, the video card is, but that shouldnt matter.
    edited August 2006
    Stop the program/service, then look in the FAH folder and delete all the cores you see. (e.g. FahCore_xx.exe ) When you restart the program/service it will automatically download a new core. Many of us have fallen victim to a corrupt core, so that's worth a try. :(
  • DonutDonut Maine New
    edited August 2006
    Keep a close eye on your temps with folding running.
    edited August 2006
    okay, gonna delete them now. we shall see, kinda sucks, cause it looks like I waster 2 or 3 days:(

EDIT:

I got the new core, so we should be seeing in a little bit, just thought of something, better go do the same thing to my p4 rig, just to make sure.
    edited August 2006
    ...better go do the same thing to my p4 rig, just to make sure.
    If it ain't broke... :cool2:
    edited August 2006
    profdlp wrote:
    If it ain't broke... :cool2:

...you might as well make sure that it doesnt get that way:cool2:

Im a believe of preventative fixing. Im gonna fix it before it has a chance to break:buck:
    edited August 2006
    Too bad we dont give out milestones based on WU's...

Still doing it, but it seems to be calming down, I cant figure out what the problem is, memory is perfect by the authority of memtest.
    edited August 2006
    I think it is working, it says I am 96% done with a WU, so at least it hasnt failed as soon as it started working on it, I think I am back online.
    edited August 2006
    Sounds good. :D
    edited August 2006
    Im hoping that I get back on track.