6800 ultra in cs1.6

edited August 2006 in Hardware
So my friend has a newer computer that is very good.
CRT monitor(notlcdcapped)
3.6ghz Pentium with HT
3GB ram
256mb geforce 6800ultra
160 gb harddrive

Well in CS his fps rate will not go over 60fps. Pretty stupid if u look at his comps specs. I think that it may have to do with the video drivers or sumthing to do with drivers capping the fps in hl1.

Is there anyway to disable this cap? His fps rate was set and 72 when he was getting 60fps(solid).

Comments

• botheredbothered Manchester UK
    edited August 2006
    I don't know about CS but in CoD2 the FPS is capped in game through the console. Is there anything like that in CS?
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited August 2006
    I have a syatme with a 6800Ultra that sports ard 55+ to 62 FPS, that 6800U runs around those limits...
  • NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian
    edited August 2006
    Other than bragging rights, does uncapping at 60, 75, or 80FPS actually do anything?

Most can't notice over 30FPS anyway, right?
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited August 2006
    Humans can recognize up to 200 FPS. Studies with US Navy pilots have concluded this.
  • lemonlimelemonlime Canada Member
    edited August 2006
    That sounds like the 'Wait for Vsync' is turned on. Have you tried to 'disable vsync' ? There should be an option within CS.

If you have a CRT monitor @ 60Hz (what most are while 3D gaming), anything higher than 60FPS will be wasted. Your CRT only refreshes the image on the screen sixty times per second.
  • edited August 2006
    Well most people can notice 30fps very easily. The crosshair doesn't even move across the screen smoothly. I still dont understand why a 6800ultra would be limited to 60fps. He doesnt even leave 60fps. He just told me that he played red orchastra with absolutely no lag. Probably still gettings solid 60 fps. Sledge are u talking about CS:S. Because he never goes below or above 60fps in 1.6. Maybe in source but not 1.6. Where would the disable nvysc be at?