MSI K8N Neo2 platinum

ronboronbo Connecticut
edited August 2006 in Hardware
I am in need of this motherboard if anyone has one for sale. What happed was, we had a bad thunder storm 4 days ago an it somehow screwed up the onboard lan on the computer. I have 3 computers connected to a router. After the storm my internet speed went way down especially my upload speed. It went from 48kbs to about 6kbs on all the computers. The cable guy was here for 3 hours and found nothing wrong with my internet connection. After he left, I tried something. I unpluged the cat5 cable from the computer with the MSI motherboard, and the other 2 computers that are connected to the router went back to normal. Normal meaning 1400kbs download and 48kbs upload.Everytime I plug the MSI MB cat5 connector into the router the speed on the other 2 computers drops 75%. I have a linksys lan card that I tried in one of the pci slots and get the same results. I went into Bios and disabled the 2 onboard eithernet connectors,I think one is a nforce and the other is a giga-bit,same results. My nephew said it is more than likely the motherboard, So I do not have to format everything all over again I was looking for the same exact motherboard. Newegg has one for $83 but it is open box so I do not know about the warranty on a open box. An I trust you guys here more anyway. What I am looking for is a MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum 939 nForce 3 Ultra. If anyone has one for sale I will be interested to buy here first, before I go to Newegg open box..

I don't know if this post would have been better to post in hardware discussion or not. If so, can a mod please move it there for me so I do not double post...thanks

ps...everything else on the motherboard works fine..ram..graphics card...CPU...sound card..everything. I am useing now to play Oblivion so I know the ram and video and Cpu are good cause Oblivion is maxed out and playing smooth as ever.

Comments

• Omega65Omega65 Philadelphia, Pa
    edited August 2006
    The Newegg Openbox mobo should have the regular MSI warranty. And in my experience, (2 MSI K7D Master-L Dual Athlon MP motherboards) MSI is pretty good about fixing their stuff.
  • ronboronbo Connecticut
    edited August 2006
    Thanks for the reply omega65. I will order the open box tonight from Newegg and try to find where to get service on my old MB so I will have a spare.
  • Omega65Omega65 Philadelphia, Pa
    edited August 2006
    ronbo wrote:
    Thanks for the reply omega65. I will order the open box tonight from Newegg and try to find where to get service on my old MB so I will have a spare.

==> MSI Main Website

==> MSI Customer Service / RMA Dept