Windows restarting whenever I start it up

edited August 2006 in Hardware
It all started when I was just on the computer and my ZA said that a win32 file was corrupt and had no use then that it is a trojan, so I just deleted the file. So I just deleted it, next time it started up, BAM, Restarted in an endless loop ( I think this was the cause of the problem ). So, Whenever I start up windows, it always restarts when its loading my OS ( I think o.o ) Ive tried to reformat it, and that failed ( Maybe I didnt do that right either ) but when I reformatted it, im at least able to go into safe mode. Some things that are weird is that when I start it, sometimes it says that the overclocking has failed and you should enter setup or go with your original settings, which im not sure why it says that, I didnt do overclocking. Other things is like whenever I did a recovery, replaced some win32 files ( Using DOS, which worked ) and formating it, It would actually let me load it in the normal load for a while, until I hit TURN OFF. So far it only does it when I hit that, not when I hit restart or anything like that. Ive installed no new hardware, or software latly that I think would do anything. Some other things ive tried was defaulted the BIOS, Did recovery, Formatted, Copy and deleted and repaired the win32 files ( I hope those were the win 32 files ), and now im here because its still restarting o.o. Im sorta winging like everything, but at least ive got it to work in safe mode :)

Dunno if you need this, but heres some stats on my comp
-OS Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (5.1 Build 2600)
-X300 ATI Radeon Video Card
-1024 gig ram
-Pentium 4 CPU 3.4 (2CPU's)

Dunno if theres anything else
Ty for you help if you can ^___^

Comments

• edited August 2006
    OKAY, I got it to work, just that now when the desktop and stuff loads, the screen like goes black with that click noise, and then comes back...? Any suggestion for this o.o? Come back meaning its good to go from there :)
  • WuGgaRoOWuGgaRoO Not in the shower Icrontian
    edited August 2006
    i think it might be ur monitor or drivers for ur videocard...i suggest updating the drivers to ur video card..just look at ati's site..and get the newest catalyst drivers that support ur cpu
  • edited August 2006
    I got the drivers for it, but it still is blinking on start up o.o? It didnt do this before when it was actually working, but its not really a big deal, just a little annoyance when your start it up ^__^
  • edited August 2006
    Okay, I finnally figged out the problem, it was a sound driver that was effing everything up, so now my last question is where can I find a program that tells you what hardware you have on your computer so I can tell which driver i need to install, because the one on the CD i got is corrupt o.O?
  • V-PV-P State College, PA Member
    edited August 2006
    Someone needs to make a sticky for windows not starting up problems....
    Does thrax have one? Or was that someone else?
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited August 2006
    Yasminkov wrote:
    ...where can I find a program that tells you what hardware you have on your computer so I can tell which driver i need to install...
    Try the (free) Belarc Advisor. :wave: