PCI-E MSI motherboard conflict

edited August 2006 in Hardware
Hi all, first post in these forums.
Recently i purchased a MSI 945P Neo2 mobo along with a P4 D 3.2 and a XFXGeForce7600GS amonsgt other things.
Succesful built, first boot, clean winXP install (original cd) and tada, all ready..
all ready but the VGA card, which appeared in the hardware list with the yellow "?". So i try to install the drivers - no good. After a few tries I managed to lock up my screen to total black so i had to reinstall Windows since i couldnt see anything. After a few tries i see that the "VGA card"'s resources are in conflict with the Intel PCI-E root port!
Browsing a few forums i found out that a similar problem had occured in some older versions of MSI mobos.
BIOS is updated, utilties also.. seems i'm doomed to return my pc to the store (who will help me by replacing any "faulty" parts thank God).
Has anyone else experiensed a similar situation or can point me to a solution.

Thanks in advance
H

Comments

• edited August 2006
    bump for great justice
  • lemonlimelemonlime Canada Member
    edited August 2006
    Hi Harpyia,

It is indeed rare to see these types of problems on modern systems. There are a few things you can try:

1) Clear your CMOS (using either the jumper on board, or remove the CMOS battery for 5-10 minutes).

2) Use the 'Reset Hardware Configuration Data' option in the BIOS, set it to 'yes'. Sometimes this can solve conflicts like you described. It may have a different name, but you'll see something similar in the BIOS.

Let us know how that goes. If you do solve the problem, please post back! We'd love to hear what you did.
  • edited August 2006
    thank you for the reply :D
    unfortunately i've already tried the 2 things you write without any result to the best i'm afraid.
    At this moment the pc is back to the store and propably will end up with a new mobo, since the people there admited they have seen the same problem a few times recently on MSI mobos.
    btw I'm still waiting for an official MSI answer to a post i did on their tech forums.
    cheers