unable to load pc! stuck on loading screen

pc0019pc0019 Herefordshire, UK
edited August 2006 in Hardware
Help! I cant load up windows for some reason. After the blue loading bar page disapeers, the blue page with the windows xp logo. Usually this disapears and the desktop loads up, but nothing happens. I've tried leaving it for half an hour but it didnt load up.
Alt-tabbing came up with 'Log on to windows' and 'windows logon' but that didnt help either. Safe mode and last known good config don't work.
I've had this problem before when I messed up the page file and fixed it with a reformat - but I don't really want to do that now. Please help!

Comments

• profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited August 2006
    You could try booting off the Windows CD and doing a Repair Install. You shouldn't lose any of your data or programs that way. :)
  • pc0019pc0019 Herefordshire, UK
    edited August 2006
    hmm i tried that, all it came up with is an unformatted disk, asking if I want to do a fresh install. The HD is 200GB but the setup disk is not even SP1 I think so it doesnt recognise it. The files are all there, I've checked. Is there any way I can order a free SP2 replacement disk from (sorry) Dell?
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited August 2006
    Try running TestDisk and see if it can find any partitions on the drive it can repair.
  • pc0019pc0019 Herefordshire, UK
    edited August 2006
    no the HD is fine i think. its the setup disk thats the prob. heres the ntbootlog.txt (tho your the expert.... so i'm probably wrong..)

ntbtlog.txt

edit: says Did not load driver \SystemRoot\System32\DRIVERS\processr.sys. that doesnt look healthy..