Max Payne 2 - Screenshots :D ( i just got the game !!)

stillwatersstillwaters Pittsburgh, USA
edited October 2003 in Gaming
I just got Payne 2 and its f*ckin BRILLIANT !!! :D If u liked Max Payne 1 (everyone did) then this is AMAZING. Been playing it for an hour and im addicted already.

the grafix, music, ambience, plot, and of course the gameplay are all phenomenal !

here are some screenshots

max1.jpg

max2.jpg

max3.jpg

Comments

• stillwatersstillwaters Pittsburgh, USA
    edited October 2003
    max5.jpg

max6.jpg

max7.jpg

max8.jpg
  • SimGuySimGuy Ottawa, Canada
    edited October 2003
    Yep. Very very VERY sweet game! :)
    Been playing all afternoon and haven't been able to stop... short of now.. because it's bed time :)
    edited October 2003
    SimGuy had this to say
    Yep. Very very VERY sweet game! :)
    Been playing all afternoon and haven't been able to stop... short of now.. because it's bed time :)

same here :D i got back from college and started playing.......beein playing ever since. :)

while all the hype surrounds games like HL2 and Doom, this was the one i was most looking forward to :cool2: and it hasn't disappointed one bit !
  • TemplarTemplar You first.
    edited October 2003
    How's it run on your machine?
  • pseudonympseudonym Michigan Icrontian
    edited October 2003
    AWWW CRAP. I hate you. Time to spend more money...... ;)
    edited October 2003
    Templar had this to say

smooth as silk :):thumbsup:
  • EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited October 2003
    Templar had this to say

He is running a high end Barton and a Radeon 9800 Pro. If he said anything other than 'Silk' I think everyone would be a bit pissed.

NS
  • TemplarTemplar You first.
    edited October 2003
    Yeah, true.

I asked that in light that I thought MP2 used the HL2 engine, but it's just a beefed up MP1 engine with Havok thrown in :)

You should still pwn HL2 ;)
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk
    already wants a kung fu mod :D
    Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited October 2003
    already wants a kung fu mod :D
  • edited October 2003
    Gona pick it up today after work (BB finally got it in). Cant wait!
    edited October 2003
    NightShade737 had this to say
    Templar had this to say

He is running a high end Barton and a Radeon 9800 Pro. If he said anything other than 'Silk' I think everyone would be a bit pissed.

NS

:D hehe yeah (1280x960 running it at 4X AA, and 8X AF...and maximum detail)

i also ran it on my other machine which is a P4 1.8 Ghz, Radeon 9600 Pro. 640 RD Ram.... and it works very well on it too :)

(1024x768 2X AA, 4X AF....works very well :))

Rockstar sure do know how to make their games dont they !
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited October 2003
    I guess I should try the first one...
  • edited October 2003
    Kickass game! Better than the first!

Anyone recall if they used the "F word" in the first game? :eek: I dont think they did.... hmm...

I like it though. Makes it seem more realistic.

Anyone know the actress' name that modeled Mona? :vimp:
  • TheLostSwedeTheLostSwede Trondheim, Norway Icrontian
    edited October 2003
    OMG!!

I have just started the game and dang! Everything on at maximum on 9800 (415X320) this game is just fantastic. The music/sound is just another piece of goodness.
    edited October 2003
    Er....... can someone tell me how to do shooting dives and moves as it doesn't seem to operate the same way as Max Payne 1.

NS
  • TheLostSwedeTheLostSwede Trondheim, Norway Icrontian
    edited October 2003
    Shift+jump and/or strafe worked for me. Some new sound was played like you where in trance or something. Hard to explain.
  • TheBaronTheBaron Austin, TX
    edited October 2003
    beat the game already on "detective" took me about 4-1/2 hours (but i'm a beast). going back through on hardboiled, can someone tell me what the "bullet dodge combo" is? the button isn't set, and i've set it but it just seems to be a normal bullet dodge
  • FormFactorFormFactor At the core of forgotten
    edited October 2003
    It is indeed sweet :D

The 'bullet dodge combo' option is the dive/bullet time/shooting move.

I bind it to my right mouse button, and use the middle button for bullet time only.

works pretty good.
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited October 2003
    Game is all around ...ing sweet!!!! Took me some time to get used to the new bullet time. Game play is really nice but it's not that hard. Love the guns. Runs smooth on my rig playing at 1280x1024 with max details, 6x AA and 16x AF, except for big explosions were my fps drop to a bit under 30 but it's playable.
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited October 2003
    Well I already have a problem with the game or my video card is dieing cause of the drivers :( System has crashed twice after exiting the game. After that the damn machine didn't want to boot. I had to use a ghost image and I uninstalled the Omega based on the leaked 3.9's. From what I see this has only happened when I have AA and AF enabled. I tried the game at first w/o it and at low res and I didn't have any problems. But come to think of it, the first crash was like 6hrs after exiting the game. Today when I played it crashed right when exiting. The HDD activity light stays on. Gonna try the 3.7's to see if I still get the problem.
    edited October 2003
    Bulet time is the same if you reassign "Bullet-Time Combo" to RMB.

Just completed it, good game. Especially liked the end music.

NS
    edited October 2003
    If you thought the end music was good (like I did) and you want the track then mail me for the address.

Google, Kazaa, eMule all turn up nothing, and their site isn't up yet, so I doubt you could find it anywhere else.

NS
  • edited October 2003
    The song's name is "Late Goodbye", written by Poets of the Fall (www.poetsofthefall.com).

Unfortunately, it seems they haven’t finished their site yet.

Anyways, I just finished the game, and WOW, I haven’t played a game like that in a long time...

P.S.

For those of you who have already finished the game, but have not seen all the credits, I suggest you wait till the very end.

:thumbsup:
    edited October 2003
    So, what are all your best times for Dead Man Walking mode?

Mine

NS
    dmw.jpg 55.6K