how you guys like my sig

WuGgaRoOWuGgaRoO Not in the shower Icrontian
edited August 2006 in Folding@Home
i spent the whole damn day doing it...lol
the whole pimp thing is from my other forum that i post at...pimprig.com
i go there cuz i like to mod and those dudes are just ridicilious sometimes...no offense to you obviously...

Comments

• airbornflghtairbornflght Houston, TX Icrontian
    edited August 2006
    It is ermm. original.

If you want some constructive criticism then continue reading.

1. The gold on orange color pallete isnt the most readable, I know those are 'your colors' that I see a lot of your stuff is, but it is kind of unreadable, hard to read at the least
    2. On your numbering, have you thought about having a hanging indent, I think it would look much better.
    3. On your numbering, try a semicolon instead of a parentheses, not sure how it would look, but it cant hurt to try.
    4. Have you thought about an outline or stroke around the entire image, right now it doesnt have a clear separation, and I think the looks could be improved with a dark colored stroke, play with the colors and see what looks best.

There is more, but those are the major things I see, you asked for it, so I gave it to ya:vimp: Overall it looks pretty decent, the only thing I would have done differently was introduce some complementing colors, because to put it bluntly, if I look at it too long, it make my eyes hurt.

Disclaimer
    Remember, I'm not downplaying/degrading you, just constructive criticism, I'm hoping you can take it and make it better, as some people cant. What I say necessarily isn't the best option for you, it is just one opinion from one point of view, mine.
  • WuGgaRoOWuGgaRoO Not in the shower Icrontian
    edited August 2006
    yea kinda like looking into an eclipse..its beautiful but if you look too long u go blind

also...i tried different colors for the text, and for some reason, nothing worked out well...suprisingly, black was even worse... i suppose i can utilize white...what do u think about that
  • edited August 2006
    It's BIG!!! And I like your cheerleader chicks...OH WAIT!...those are MY cheerleader chicks! Traitors! They're fired!

Good thing I hired some more!! ;D
    tn_cheer008.gif

And shouldn't that be:

Pimp to Fold
    Fold for Life
    Live to Pimp

Ah, now THAT is the circle of life...
    edited August 2006
    what do u guys think about this one..is the older one better?
    edited August 2006
    WuGgaRoO wrote:
    what do u guys think about this one..is the older one better?

have you thought of any less "vibrant" colors, maybe something a little more passive? maybe keep the blue, but pull the lightness up a bit, and the satuartion down a little?
  • GrayFoxGrayFox /dev/urandom Member
    edited August 2006
    Smaller would be cool.
    edited August 2006
    the problem with it being smaller is that i can't get all 10 codes on it...but to be honest..this takes up just as much as my old sig when i wrote down all 10 codes in text
  • botheredbothered Manchester UK
    edited August 2006
    WuGgaRoO wrote:
    i go there cuz i like to mod and those dudes are just ridicilious sometimes...no offense to you obviously...
    Hey, we can be ridiculous as well y'know.
    edited August 2006
    bothered wrote:
    Hey, we can be ridiculous as well y'know.

yeah AND I LOVE IT!
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited August 2006
    I think the sig is too tall. Pu thte cheerleaders next to it instead of underneath, and it won't be so bad.

airbornflight - your sig is way too tall as well.

/me goes to the User CP and disables sig display...
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited August 2006
    GHoosdum wrote:
    I think the sig is too tall. Pu thte cheerleaders next to it instead of underneath, and it won't be so bad.

airbornflight - your sig is way too tall as well.

* GHoosdum goes to the User CP and disables sig display...

Citizens against big sigs, unite! :D

Wugs, I like the orange. I could handle the height of the sig if the cheerleaders weren't underneath it, too.
    edited August 2006
    how would i put the cheerleaders to the side of it then
    edited August 2006
    well at any rate..changed the height and the color...tell me what you guys think about readability...i dont think i can get it perfect unfortunatly
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited August 2006
    Very hard to read... not that I can say much myself as I noticed on dimmer monitors my own sig is hard to read, but there isn't much to read so I don't care :P

I guess you used PS for this, and I would suppose also that you used GLOW or DropShadow as a blend effect for the text... I would go for a darker contrasting color for the glow/shadow on the text, this will make the text pop out more. Also try messing with the blending modes on the text and/or glow effects to see how the effect may bring out the text even more.
    edited August 2006
    yea getting all the codes in one graphic is mighty hard.. especially if you only have sizes 12 and 11 to work with
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited August 2006
    Yeah, the text is kind of blurry. If you use a simpler background on the tablets, maybe you could get away with smaller and simpler (one-color) text that would be readable. Have you thought about trying a light gray stone color with a fine pattern to it? My computer with PS crashed at home, otherwise I'd try some experimentin'.

The purple "Pimp to Fold" is kind of hard to read. How about yellow, orange, white, or something that jumps out from the background?
  • NightwolfNightwolf Afghanistan Member
    edited August 2006
    I can't read the purple.
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited August 2006
    Todays iteration looks like the countertop of an unsanitary diner in Mississippi. :eek:
    edited August 2006
    The words 'hideous' and 'it's' come to mind.
    Sorry but it makes my eye muscles twitch.
  • DogSoldierDogSoldier The heart of radical Amish country..
    edited August 2006
    wugs, if you wanted over-top-top, well, congratulations!
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited August 2006
    Would like to thank Dogsoldier for redoing Wugg's sig. Thanks.
    edited August 2006
    Thrax wrote:
    Would like to thank Dogsoldier for redoing Wugg's sig. Thanks.
    The new one is certainly much more eye friendly.
    edited August 2006
    im not here to make friends with people's eyes...their gromacs on the other hand..totally different story
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited August 2006
    WuGgaRoO wrote:
    im not here to make friends with people's eyes...their gromacs on the other hand..totally different story

Keep your hands off my gromac, pal. :zombie:
    edited August 2006
    much better.