Express slot???

GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 LifeAkron, PA Icrontian
edited August 2006 in Hardware
Hey all I recently got a new lappy! Good new right yes sir! But I upgraded myrouter to a wireless N for gaming, works great my desktops with the N cards are blazing fast, I bought a N card for my lappy Problem is Its PCMIA and my lappy has the New Express slot! HP dell and others are switching to this new slot which is faster but there isn't any hardware out for it! WTF , why put it on a new lappy if it cannot be utilized, PCMIA cards will NOT fit in this slot!

Anyone know of anything about this?:werr::werr::werr::werr::werr:

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited August 2006
    Yeah, the Compaqs we sell at work are all PCIe PCMCIA slots, and we do not have a single card in the entire ****ing store that's PCIe PCMCIA. It's annoying for customers, and me, because then I have to explain bus architecture to people who blow their noses on the backs of their hands.
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited August 2006
    I am happy to have the new technology but damnit they shouldnt release them until the cards are out
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited August 2006
    What came first? The PCI-E PCMCIA slot or the cards to go in it?

What came first? The chicken or the egg?

:crazy:

What came first? The hand or the nose to blow snot onto it?

//edit:

jesus... read that again: pciepcmcia

what the ****?
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited August 2006
    prime Ill have to pray extra hard for you CLEARLY the kids are scrambling ur brain!
  • TheLostSwedeTheLostSwede Trondheim, Norway Icrontian
    edited August 2006
    I'm in the exact same sit myself actually. I was screaming at the office to send me a 3G mobile card so that i can sit at the cafe's and work :D

Whattayouknow..i didn't even consider that i had anything else than a standard card slot. Didn't fit. Ruined my plan.
  • edited August 2006
    i hust bought a new HP dv8000t and issupports both, but i looked at newegg just to see what the heck there for and all i could find where PCMIA and nothing is using this Express slot lol

go fig >_>