i swear i have a comp hex on me or sumthing

WuGgaRoOWuGgaRoO Not in the shower Icrontian
edited August 2006 in Hardware
yea well here is the deal, i opened up the comp, JUST to install RAM and now...the comp froze a few times..and now...the damn thing automatically turns on when i flip the PSU switch in the back...and refuses to give ANY beeps, regardless if the old ram or the new ram is in there...and to boot, when i had the powon switch on the mobo..it was useless..it refused to turn off...and when i didnt have it plugged in..it still MAGICALLY turned on...anyone have any idea what happened...i took it out of the case...same thing happened..changed PSUs...same thing happened...changed ram back...same thing...took video card out...and nothing...

well update...i removed the chip...and it STILL automatically turns on

Comments

• profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited August 2006
    Amazing.
  • FoldingAddictFoldingAddict Montgomery, AL
    edited August 2006
    ESD? You short something out cause you didn't ground yourself to the case when you installed the RAM?

~FA
  • WuGgaRoOWuGgaRoO Not in the shower Icrontian
    edited August 2006
    its possible... but now i have NO idea what it could be...i mean i guess it must be the motherboard...but i have installed ram numberous times and ive done this countless times and i have never shorted anything out to this degree...i mean...ugh
    and update...now it turns on (fans spin) for like 3 seconds then it shuts off...and the power switch doesnt wanna work

what do you guys think..it is about time to buy a new mobo?
  • CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited August 2006
    try ANother PsU..
    edited August 2006
    the alternative psu has already been tried
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited August 2006
    I would dismantle the whole thing and bench test. If that works, clean out the case thoroughly (check for hidden loose screws) and reassemble it. If it doesn't work on the bench, let us know.
    edited August 2006
    WuGgaRoO wrote:
    i took it out of the case...same thing happened..changed PSUs...same thing happened...changed ram back...same thing...took video card out...and nothing...

well update...i removed the chip...and it STILL automatically turns on

yup it failed the bench test..or as i would liek to say...the cardboard box test