SMx Rigs Down?

Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
edited September 2006 in Folding@Home
I did some looking today and noticed a few SMx Rigs are being very quite? anyone know the back story on these?

SMx18 - primesuspect
SMx25 - FoldingAddict
SMx26 - Dancer
SMx28 - CBDroege
SMx30 - MaximusBad
SMx32 - MTgoat
SMx34 - Deicist
SMx36 - Buddha16

Not to hound these guys, but thats a ton of SMx rigs that haven't posted anything for 3 weeks or longer... I think FoldingAddict is having some PSU issues?

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited August 2006
    sm18 is actually mine, not thesmj's

i'll look into it. It's probably that same issue that was affecting me at home - timeless WUs were enabled and the stanford servers were not responding to it.
  • FoldingAddictFoldingAddict Montgomery, AL
    edited August 2006
    SM25 isn't down. I had 2 instances of folding running so I wouldn't have to send units out so much. About 80% through both units I lost power and the damn units started over. SM25 refolded them, and when I went to send them there was a checksum error and both units were scrapped :( I can post the log if needed.

In about 2 hours she should be posting up a 500 point Gromacs.

~FA
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited August 2006
    SM19.... up and running but not folding :scratch: I'll look into it this weekend...
  • Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
    edited August 2006
    Sm32 gas had a bad case of gas lately. I need to do a new install of blindow$. Hopefully I will be off this weekend. Working outside 6 14's in this hot draught has been killer on the bod and mind.
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited August 2006
    Good to hear.. just wanted to make sure we are all okay :)
    edited August 2006
    Yeah, SM18 was not getting any assignments from the work server. I reconfigured it to not use large WUs and ... boom.. it connected right away and is now folding again. Stanford should be shifting these computers to an assignment server that actually hands out WUs even if big packets or advmethods is on.... :(
  • JimboraeJimborae Newbury, Berks, UK New
    edited August 2006
    SM12 smiles smugly at her more powerful brothers & sisters and quietly continues to churn out wu's in her own sweet time.:vimp: :smokin: :smokin:
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited August 2006
    SM28's log seems to be filled with a couple weeks of 'cannot connect to server'. It's connected to the internet, so I don't know the issue. I've taken it down, and will bring it back up reformatted (with Linux) as soon as I get the time to fiddle with it.
    edited August 2006
    Don't reformat it. It's the same problem I had - reconfigure the client to use all the standard options and it will work. All you have to do is delete the client.cfg and start the client again and it will make you reconfigure it. Use all defaults, and it will connect and begin folding again.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited August 2006
    I was planning on reformatting it soon anyway since Linux would help solve some ... erm ... 'genuine' problems that the system started having recently.

I'll try the fix you suggested to get it running in the meantime, however. :)
  • Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
    edited August 2006
    SM32 is back up and running. I gave her some Zelnorm and fixed the bloating gas problem. ;) She immediately picked up a 600pt Gromac that will finish in 56 hrs. :)
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited August 2006
    QCH2002 wrote:
    SM19.... up and running but not folding :scratch: I'll look into it this weekend...
    Locked up on logon. Rebooted and checked things out. The problem seems to have occured during a storm in early August. Nothing broken but it caused Windows to lock up. Looks stable now... two WU in the past two days. :thumbsup:
  • qparadoxqparadox Vancouver, BC
    edited September 2006
    I didn't make the list, but SM17 was done for the better part of 4 weeks. I had some rebooting troubles right before I went away on vacation and then a power outage took it out while I was on vacation. I didn't get around to looking at her until last week. I now have cold boot trouble .. but she's up and running and hopefully it'll be another 6 months before I have to reboot cold (that's what her uptime was).

If I have any more issues, I'll let you guys know. I think things should be fine now though.