ASUS A8R-MVP sound problem

edited October 2008 in Hardware
i'm trying to get sound on my new PC and when i try to install the sound driver all i get is:

" The audio driver files do not support your computer hardware

Note: If you have uninstalled audio software without restarting your PC, restart now, then run this setup again "

I've tried the driver that was included with the A8R-MVP motherboard and a downloaded driver for it. and both do the same thing, if anyone knows why it's doing this i would really like to know what i can try to fix this becuase right now i have a computer with no sound. I don't have a sound card so i don't know if that's part of the problem or the whole problem. So if anyone can help i would appreciate it grately!!
Thanks

Comments

• csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited August 2006
    There is a windows hotfix for it that worked for me. Let me dig and I'll see if I can dig it up for you. You using WinXP so2 right?

Actually I don't even use the asus driver ...all I did was install the hotfix and let it run from there.
  • edited August 2006
    Yea i'm useing XP and i would appreciate that greatly.. . . . did you have the same problem?
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited August 2006
    Yes ...did you never have sound? It didn't just stop working one day right?

Before you do anything ...look in your add/remove software and see if you have a Microsoft High Definition Driver. If so remove it and reboot. If your audio works then I would leave it alone. If not ...then install this hotfix.

If you PM me your email I can send it right to you.
  • bwmurchisonbwmurchison Murfreesboro Tn
    edited October 2008
    csimon wrote:
    Yes ...did you never have sound? It didn't just stop working one day right?

Before you do anything ...look in your add/remove software and see if you have a Microsoft High Definition Driver. If so remove it and reboot. If your audio works then I would leave it alone. If not ...then install this hotfix.

If you PM me your email I can send it right to you.

Yes i have the same problem will you send me the link?