F@H Servers

BDRBDR
edited October 2003 in Folding@Home
Is there a way to force a switch of servers?
VSP49 is down and I have 1 WU in queue to be sent and another one close to being done.
I looked through the F@H forum but found no mention of it being down or when it will be back up.
Server stats page shows it as down.

Comments

• t1rhinot1rhino Toronto
    edited October 2003
    No, you cannot force to another server.
    The assignment server should do that itself.
    Once they reboot the faulty server everything will work fine.
  • BDRBDR
    edited October 2003
    Thanks t1.
    It's starting to make me a little nervous.
    I'm afraid I'll lose those WUs.
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited October 2003
    No they will eventually send, and only to the server from which they came from. No othe server will accept it.

As t1 said you will get WUs from another server.
  • edcentricedcentric near Milwaukee, Wisconsin Icrontian
    edited October 2003
    Stanford has gotten a lot better. There have been times that they were off for days at a time.
    As long as you are getting work all will be fine.
    If you see that the serveris back up and the wu's haven't sent you can force it with the '-send all' flag
  • edited October 2003
    According to this thread here at the folding community forums, server 116 (VPS49) will be down until sometimes this weekend. Sounds like they must have had a hardware failure on it, BDR.:)
  • BDRBDR
    edited October 2003
    Thanks for the link. I know they'll be geting it fixed, but I've finished at least 2 WU's and EM is only showing 1 queued.
    It's about to finish another, so I'll check it later.

This is one of my fastest rigs too. :bawling:

edit:
    Ok, I probably got the last 2 WU's from another server then and that's why they showing as "in queue". :)
  • Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
    edited October 2003
    I have 2 WU's in queue now myself and am halfway done with another. It figures, when my machine decides its going to crank a few out quickly I can't send them in. :(

Is there any rhyme or reason to the work as I have seen some projects go fast and give me 50 or 60 points the have one take forever and only get 32 points out of it???????
    edited October 2003
    Is anyone else still having problems today? I still have the 2 WU's from yesterday that won't send but one other WU I finished late yesterday did go and I am almost done with yet another WU.
  • BDRBDR
    edited October 2003
    Not today Mtgoat. I guess they got the server I was having problems with, back up and running.

http://folding.stanford.edu/serverstat.html
    is not showing any down right now. :confused:
  • TBonZTBonZ Ottawa, ON Icrontian
    edited October 2003
    I had some problems on Friday but things have been seemingly rock solid for me since.
    edited October 2003
    Thank you BDR

I just finished the new WU and it tried to send the 2 in queue but said unsuccessful on those 2.