E6600 & P5w Dh Deluxe

csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
edited August 2006 in Hardware
What pitfalls can I expect with this combo?
What are the quirks?
What kind of FSB/OC can I expect?
Will this ram (G.SKILL 2GB 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800) hold me back or is it overkill? Should I get something else/better?

Here is my wish list for reference.

Will probably press the button during labor day weekend to try and catch some discounts and sales ...although the mail-in-rebates aren't looking too shabby at the moment.

Comments

• edcentricedcentric near Milwaukee, Wisconsin Icrontian
    edited August 2006
    Look at some of the recent anandtech.com articles.
    They have gotten some monster OC out of this mobo.
    I am not sure which memory they are using.
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited August 2006
    might back out on this ...not everyone is doing so well on the oc's. The guy I am building this for already has something stock at 3.2ghz. We'll have to wait and see.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited August 2006
    Realize, though, that a 2.2GHz Conroe is faster than a 3.2GHz p4. You could downclock that chip and have it be faster.
  • TheLostSwedeTheLostSwede Trondheim, Norway Icrontian
    edited August 2006
    I agree. THere is a new revision of that board that seems to be better too. Almost impossible to find in the retail channels though. Allendale and Asus P5B is the best combo right now i think.
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited August 2006
    Thrax wrote:
    Realize, though, that a 2.2GHz Conroe is faster than a 3.2GHz p4. You could downclock that chip and have it be faster.
    I'm starting to realize that ...I benchmarked mine at 2690 against the 3200 and it was twice as fast in Mips