gallery2 probs

edited August 2006 in Internet & Media
not sure where to put this, but i'm having issues with a production gallery2 install. people are getting irritated.... :mean:

ok so literally, this junk decides to just stop working. here's the only errors and debug i can get out of the stupid thing.

[PHP]
Error
Error (ERROR_BAD_PATH) :

* in modules/core/classes/helpers/GalleryFactoryHelper_simple.class at line 205 (gallerystatus::error)
* in modules/core/classes/GalleryCoreApi.class at line 107 (galleryfactoryhelper_simple::newinstance)
* in init.inc at line 93 (gallerycoreapi::newfactoryinstance)
* in main.php at line 73
* in /www/gallery/art/main.php at line 3

Debug Output

getParameter permissions.file for core plugin
file_exists(/home/artdept/g2data/cache/module/core/0/0/0.inc)
file_exists(/home/artdept/g2data/cache/module/_all/0/0/GalleryFactoryHelper_loadRegistry.inc)
file_exists(/www/gallery/gallery2/modules/core/classes/helpers/../../../../modules/rewrite/classes/RewriteUrlGenerator.class)
realpath(/www/gallery/gallery2/modules/core/classes/../../../)

[/PHP]

version 2.0.1

apache on solaris.

executing as nobody, all files owned by nobody.

php mem limit set to 12 mb.

is there any way to run this with safe_mode on?

any ideas as of WHAT on earth is going on?

any help would be *greatly* appreciated.

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited August 2006
    What PHP version?

We've always have PHP problems on Solaris (i'm running solaris 7)

Was this thing working and then poof, it just stopped? Or it never worked...?
    edited August 2006
    You know, it's weird, but my initial inclination is to run fsck on the volume...
  • edited August 2006
    PHP Version => 4.3.10

System => SunOS 5.8 Generic_117350-28 sun4u

yeh, she's kinda old....

fsck you say? :) this thing is actually a cluster... big ass array...

hmmm charley foxtrot is the proper term for the day i do believe

--edit
    to answer your question, accodring to logs we had access to this thing up until monday afternoon or so, then people started complaining yesterday. i got pulled into this around lunchtime.... wishing i hadn't
    edited August 2006
    I've seen issues like that with filesystem problems, that's the only reason I mention it. That's my initial inclination :-/
  • edited August 2006
    i hope not.... that'll be HUGE. but i can access things like css files and text file in the gallery directories, it's only stuff that has to be executed by php that gets dorked up.
    edited August 2006
    trust me, I know your pain. One of our production servers has a MERE 80gb volume on Solaris 8 and running fsck took over an hour :werr:

customers weren't happy...
  • edited August 2006
    heh, i found another machine, i'm quickly installing another instance of gallery on there and attempting to follow this guide to 'moving galleries'. so we'll see if that'll work....