Unexpected Shut Downs - Fresh System?!?!

edited August 2006 in Hardware
Hello there...!
I have this problem:
Recently i bought a few PC parts to make a new-fresh system.The parts were:
1.CPU - AMD 64x2 Dual Core 4600+ Socket AM2
2.Mobo - ASUS Crosshair (Socket AM2/DDR2-800/NForce 590SLI-MCP)
3.RAM - OCZ PC-6400 DDR2-800 Platinum XTC Dual DDR Kit (2x1024 MB)
4.Graphics Card - ASUS EAX1600XT PCI-Ex16 (ATI 1600XT/256 MB/Crossfire Ready)
5.HDD - Hitachi Deskstar (SATA2/200 GB/8 MB Cache)
6.PSU - Heroichi WinPower 550W
7.Case - Silverstone TJ-05

So my problem with the system is that it shuts down(turns off) randomly and unexpectedly.The motherboard has a windowsXP utility that indicates the voltage control and it showed me that the memory voltage was high.I tested the RAM with MemTest and no error,i also tested the HDD with the Hitachi HDD Utility no error either.Then i thought it would be the graphics card and i replaced it with a spare one Abit X700Pro but the unexpected shut downs remain!!Then i assumed that the problem was related with the temperatures.The BIOS(Award-Phoenix) indications are 51 Celcius for the CPU and 48 Celcius for the Motherboard(I said...Jesus....WTF??)Is this possible for an AMD64 Dual in the summer period while the system has front,rear,CPU(box) and optional Mobo FANs to have these temperatures??I don't know what it is,is it the PSU,is it a conflict,is it the temperature,is it a safety-protection system so that my CPU doesn't burn...?I mean this is serious!What is the problem with this system?How do i fix the unexpected shut downs(power off/downs)?Please any help,info,guidance,FAQ,anything would be great.thanx in advance!

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited August 2006
    It sounds like your CPU has a horrible, horrible heatsink on it, or it's the PSU.

Can you tell me the voltage rating on the "+12v" voltage in your BIOS?

//EDIT: Heroichi? Who the hell is Heroichi?!
  • edited August 2006
    Thanks man...it seems that it is the PSU.Cause i replaced it with another one and the problem seems to be fixed (without counting a reset that took place during a quake 4 trial).And i need to change the CPU Heatsink,though it is the box fan!! Do you know what the amd64 am2 optimal temperatures are?
    As for the volts:
    +12V Rating is 12.09V
    +5V Rating is 05.09V Looks normal!!!

Is there any possibility that there is an icompatibility between my mobo and cpu?

*Heroichi is hec PSUs
    --> http://www.heroichi.com/

Thanks again!!
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited August 2006
    Your +12v is solid now; there's no telling how low it was with the old PSU, but I suspect that's a culprit.

As for the Athlon 64s, I'd say a safe temperature is about 62*C; anything more, and you're into unstable territory. I reckon you're close to there when doing things like gaming.