BFG 7900 GT 256mb - Dual Screen Q or 2???

edited August 2006 in Hardware
Hi

I notice my 7900GT has two DVI outputs on it.

I am going to run my PC from my bedroom on my front room plasma and 5.1 setup. I still need somesort of monitor near the PC to use as a reference monitor when setting up and other daily tasks as opposed to keep running up and down the stairs.

I have never ran two screens before.

Would my front room plasma have to run at the same resolutions as the ref monitor or are they both independent outputs?

Does running two monitors make any diff to the perfomance of the single card? IE would it run better frame rates if it only powered one display?

Would I be better off using a cheapy PCI card to run the ref monitor and leave the 7900 to run the plasma? (is this possible re driver conflicts etc)

Mickey

Comments

• Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited August 2006
    No you can run them at 2 diffrenet resolutions, it might create a small perofmance hit,but not to much, as it is only cloning the image
  • edited August 2006
    thanks SH70
  • edcentricedcentric near Milwaukee, Wisconsin Icrontian
    edited August 2006
    You may need to play with which is display #1 and #2. In some drivers (I don't know about the lattest) you may not have the same options for each.
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited August 2006
    If you have a Nvidia card you can also check the box that say force TV detection...