XP re-install/ repair with Promise RAID 0

edited August 2006 in Hardware
When I try a repair or re-install of XP Pro, I am prompted for the RAID drivers. I am reluctant to re-install these because I am concerned that I will lose data and software installations. I am adequately backed up, but the system is so complex that it will take a long time to do a clean install if it requires re-installing all original software and data files.

The system is 2x Xeon ASUS NCCH-DL with on-board Promise RAID controller. The system is functional, but one or two minor operating glitches point me towards an XP repair. The RAID 0 system is operating faultlessly. I prefer to leave everything alone than carry out a clean install.

Is there a way to repair or re-install XP on this system without disrupting the integrity of the currently installed programmes and data? Will re-installing the RAID drivers trash the system? Can I copy the RAID drivers and RAID configuration from the existing system before the re-install, in oder to retain integrity? How do I do it? I have re-installed Windows on IDE systems with no bother - this seems not to be so easy.

Comments

• profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited August 2006
    A Repair Install is designed to leave all your data and previously installed programs intact. You should find everything right where you left it.
    Shortfuse wrote:
    ...The system is functional, but one or two minor operating glitches point me towards an XP repair...
    Describe the glitches in detail; we may be able to help you fix things up without resorting to a Repair Install at all. :)