Battery Life on Wireless Keyboard

mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
edited August 2006 in Hardware
I am looking for a new keyboard as mine is getting pretty old and it seems like many of the keyboards out there are wireless. Does anyone have one and if so what's the battery life on one?

It will be for my desktop which I only play games on and some other general stuff but its not the one I browse with.

Also does anyone have any keyboards that are at least semi-quiet and are not hard to push down? Much like a laptop keyboard I guess but without the bunched up part. I guess I dont really like to push down very far to make the key press, long keys drive me nuts and I mistype like crazy on them.

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited August 2006
    There are three logitech wireless keyboards in my house. So far I've only used two sets of batteries in 30 months.
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited August 2006
    Yeah these things last forever on the same set of batteries, just wish the mouse could do the same...
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited August 2006
    Also the new Energizer Ion batteries give an extra 70% ontop of a normal batt. my wifes logitech has been running for almost 2 years on 1 set of batteries.
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited August 2006
    Hmm not bad at all. Now to begin a new search......
  • airbornflghtairbornflght Houston, TX Icrontian
    edited August 2006
    yeh, I almost bought a wireless kb, but decided to just get a laser mouse for now. ive had it for a month, and it has lasted longer on a set of batteries than I thought, I figured it would eat the batteries.

I put the energizer E squared lithium, so Im waiting to see what kind of life it gets.
  • DanGDanG I AM CANADIAN Icrontian
    edited August 2006
    I got the cordless MX duo from logitech when it first came out about 3 years ago. I'm still on the same set of batteries for the keyboard.
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited August 2006
    rayovac maximum plus works great as well. That's all I use in my mouse now since they last so long. The keyboard only needs changing half as much as the mouse.