extra hard drive on dimension 3000

edited September 2006 in Hardware
hey ppl hi to all of you
finally i have registered here
i just used to read all the forums till now

but now ive got a problem like this computer i have got
that i need more space ie more hard disk space
i onli got 40 gb in all
pls help me in this regard as i have heard tht there is no space for a second hard drive and tht you need something like a bracket for tht, is the bracket easy to setup in the chasis
pls help me as i really need the extra space with all the software tht i got till now
:cheers:

Comments

• airbornflghtairbornflght Houston, TX Icrontian
    edited August 2006
    the bracket will come with the hdd and all the bracket is for is to allow you to attache a 3.5" drive in a 5.25" space. if there is a 3.5" space available, no need. all you need is the hard drive, and if it is ide, just make sure that you have a spot open to put it on. whether it be an extra connector on the mobo, or a spot on the cable. im not sure how much is left open in those. should be no prob to add the hard drive though. pretty straight forward, and if you do need help, we are right here.
  • edited September 2006
    the bracket will come with the hdd and all the bracket is for is to allow you to attache a 3.5" drive in a 5.25" space. if there is a 3.5" space available, no need. all you need is the hard drive, and if it is ide, just make sure that you have a spot open to put it on. whether it be an extra connector on the mobo, or a spot on the cable. im not sure how much is left open in those. should be no prob to add the hard drive though. pretty straight forward, and if you do need help, we are right here.

thks for ur reply:cheers::beer: