Modified Gateway 7422GX D E A D XD...

ins4n17yins4n17y Cabanatuan City, Philippines Icrontian
edited August 2006 in Hardware
i have a gateway 7422gx laptop and the battery was acting funny and the laptop just died. i heard a few pops and the screen and the laptop just stopped working. i removed the battery, and tried to power up the laptop using the ac adapter. its ironic how i just had this desktop go on me and now my laptop.....after fixing this pc. grrrr.......

i was wondering if anyone on short media knew anoything about disassembling a laptop because i've disassembled ibm laptops before and they're not that hard.

i just need to see whats inside preferably toy with it and see if i can get it to boot.

Comments

• profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited August 2006
    Some laptops are quite easy to disassemble and reassemble, and some qualify you for entry into MENSA if you can successfully get them apart.

The most common mistake is to rely too heavily on your memory while taking the thing apart. It's easy to imagine yourself getting the thing back together with no problem while in the disassembly phase, only to be faced with nine different types of screws when you're done - and no idea where they belong. My advice is to make a diagram of each part you remove and then lay them out along with the screws for that particular section on sheets of printer paper. If you have a digital camera you should take a snapshot each step of the way.