2-Wire 2700-HG DSL Modem

gtghmgtghm New
edited October 2006 in Science & Tech
Any body have one of these or knows about them?

I have one and I am going to set it up but I want to set it up so that my DSL connects to that, then connect via ethernet to my netgear router and then to my computers on my network.

I also need to be able to change the modem setup page access IP from the standard 192.168.0.1 to sometihng else like 192.168.2.1 so that I can set up my bluetooth to connect wirelessly to the internet.

This setup worked fine on my old DSL modem but seems to not work nicely with this new 2700-HG.

Also, I did have it working once but that was before I tried to change the IP address, when it connected it put the modem in to DMZplus mode, reading the documention on line about it, they state that by using DMZplus it exposes all the ports to the internet thus providing no security, however I can assume that in my case it doesn't matter because the connection is to another router, my netgear, which also has all that built in crap in it...

Also, does anyone know how to diable the firewall in the 2700-HG.

Thanks,
"g"

Comments

• edited September 2006
    gtghm wrote:
    Any body have one of these or knows about them?

I have one and I am going to set it up but I want to set it up so that my DSL connects to that, then connect via ethernet to my netgear router and then to my computers on my network.

I also need to be able to change the modem setup page access IP from the standard 192.168.0.1 to sometihng else like 192.168.2.1 so that I can set up my bluetooth to connect wirelessly to the internet.

This setup worked fine on my old DSL modem but seems to not work nicely with this new 2700-HG.

Also, I did have it working once but that was before I tried to change the IP address, when it connected it put the modem in to DMZplus mode, reading the documention on line about it, they state that by using DMZplus it exposes all the ports to the internet thus providing no security, however I can assume that in my case it doesn't matter because the connection is to another router, my netgear, which also has all that built in crap in it...

Also, does anyone know how to diable the firewall in the 2700-HG.

Thanks,
    "g"
  • edited September 2006
    on your 2700 2iwire modem/router you know about the default address
    192.168.1.254 you will get a home:http connection but i think you have to connect thru the router side not the dmz with dhcp enable
    some like 192.168.1.0 / 255.255.255.0

the icon web page of your router the firewall setting are there
    you have to use the password to unlock advanced setting
    where you can shut off all the auto block settings

if you are using pppoe bridge setting's the 2700 becomes just a modem

hope this helps
  • gtghmgtghm New
    edited October 2006
    the icon web page of your router the firewall setting are there
    you have to use the password to unlock advanced setting
    where you can shut off all the auto block settings

if you are using pppoe bridge setting's the 2700 becomes just a modem

hope this helps

Humm, interesting I solved my problem by using one of the other three IP address choices. But I did see there were firewall settings that I can't turn off. I do wish I new the way to unlock the whole thing, also there are some settings that I'd to know what they do and if they would make any improvement on modem speed and reliability. So far I have only had one time where my modem and the router had to be rebooted to get back my connection... I'd like to know why that happends so I could fix it...

But on the whole I am happy with the new modem and my dsl connection. I'm connecetd at 7meg plus but I can't seem to get speeds from the test sites faster than 5600 still its definately better than 1.5... and my upload speeds are steady in the 760's

"g"