Sony F500R Start up Problem

edited August 2006 in Hardware
I have a monitor that takes about 5 minutes to start to display an image on the screen from a cold startup. By cold, I mean if I power down the monitor and let it cool off for half an hour, then power it back up, it takes 5 min to display an image. Powering down for a minute or two results in about a 30 second start up to see an image. The longer I leave it powered down, the longer it takes to come back up, so it's obviously (to me) something that requires heating up.

Any thoughts on what I need to replace? I'm thinking power supply, but I would rather hear from someone monitor savvy.

Thanks!

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited August 2006
    Those are aging tubes.
  • edited August 2006
    Thrax wrote:
    Those are aging tubes.
    You mean the CRT? I ask because the screen looks spectacular once it's all warmed up. No signs of focus problems, convergence issues, or color loss. When the computer goes into standby, it shuts off the monitors display (I hear a click and the screen goes blank) but when I move the mouse, it comes back on nearly instantly. The only time it takes FOREVER to come back on is after a total power down.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited August 2006
    It's just a tube issue. They do that as they get older, especially when they're cold. My monitor takes FOREVER to turn on if I've left my window open all night and my room is about 60F. It's just a symptom of old cathode ray tubes.
  • edited August 2006
    Thrax wrote:
    It's just a tube issue. They do that as they get older, especially when they're cold. My monitor takes FOREVER to turn on if I've left my window open all night and my room is about 60F. It's just a symptom of old cathode ray tubes.
    Bummer, I can't fix that. :(