Cards supporting quad DVI?

FoldingAddictFoldingAddict Montgomery, AL
edited August 2006 in Hardware
Okay here is what's going on. I am building a machine for a customer. This machine is supposed to have quad DVI output to 4 19'' LCDs. The purpose of this machine is to run 4 instances of a remote security camera monitoring program called Interceptor. Each instance will be running on its own monitor.

What I need to know is what cards support quad DVI monitors. I have found a couple on ebay that are reasonably priced, but I'm not too sure on their quality as I have never attempted something like this before. I found an Appian 64MB card that comes with two DVI splitters, but I am not really familiar with the brand.

I can also get separate DVI splitter cables for cheap, but what cards support those cables? Is it just a matter of picking up a 6600GT with dual DVI out and then picking up 2xDVI splitters to change the signal to 4 DVI outlets. Would that work too?

I need something that is certain to work, I don't feel like trying something (like the Appian card) and it end up not working properly, or fast enough. The Interceptor software that this machine is going to be running is no easy task. The video card has to handle quite a bit of 2D activity without getting bogged down. I would also like to keep the price of the video system down as much as possible. $100 or less would be awesome. The card doesn't have to perform well in 3D.

I appreciate any insight some of you may have regarding this quad monitor dilemma I have.

~FA

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited August 2006
    I would get two dual DVI PCI cards, that should be sufficient.
  • FoldingAddictFoldingAddict Montgomery, AL
    edited August 2006
    That's one way yes. What I'm really wondering is if I can just get a single dual dvi card and 2 dvi splitters. That would save me $50 or $60 right there.

For instance this card right here. Could I just buy 1 more DVI splitter and use that?

~FA