Geforce7800GS Some Questions

BubblemanBubbleman A Desert
edited August 2006 in Hardware
Hello everyone, just got my geforce and its pretty damn good. I just got some questions now.

1. If my geforce is running fine with a 420watt power supply do you think its nesscary to add a 500W power supply just for good measure?

2. I want to know what tempature I can keep my GPU under, I put more settings in and it raises the temp. Currently it stands at 46 degrees kinda just sits there. Is it ok to push it a little bit more? when does it strain or damage the card.

3. I installed Geforce drivers off the disc, is it important to get them off the site? Do new drivers help that much?

Thats all for now, I appreciate the answers:Rocker:

Comments

• lemonlimelemonlime Canada Member
    edited August 2006
    Hi Bubbleman,

What brand PSU do you have? You may want to check the sticker on the side and see just what the +12V amperage is. It may not be necessary, but depending on the brand/model, it may be a good idea in order to protect your investment.

Generally, it is a good idea to use the latest drivers from nvidia.com, but if you dont have any issues, sometimes it is best just to keep what works.

Nice card btw! Good to see nvidia still producing some nice AGP cards.
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited August 2006
    420Watts should be good enough for the 7800GS, and as for your temps if it is running under 56C at full load it is running pretty dang cool. Now you said it was running 46C so if that is full load you are doing good.
  • BubblemanBubbleman A Desert
    edited August 2006
    nope not full load yet. just did a couple settings upper,

so its safe to bounce up a couple more settings on the card? I should be below 55 i guess?