Thermaltake PSU and their output.

Datsun-1600Datsun-1600 Sydney.au
edited September 2006 in Hardware
I know it goes for a lot of pages but have a read, if you have bought a Thermaltake case with an included PSU or a Thermaltake PSU, an upgrade could be needed

The article is here, and if you want to know how much power in watts, your computer uses go here.

Datsun 1600

Comments

• ShalimarShalimar Touching the Stars
    edited September 2006
    I know it goes for a lot of pages but have a read, if you have bought a Thermaltake case with an included PSU or a Thermaltake PSU, an upgrade could be needed

The article is here, and if you want to know how much power in watts, your computer uses go here.

Datsun 1600

Now i know why S rips out the default PSU's and replaces them with 550watt units of another brand. He not long bought a bunch of the matrix series cases that came with the 430watt psu's.

Suffice to say the cases have different branded higher rating psu's now.

Thank you for the link.:)

Shal
  • DogSoldierDogSoldier The heart of radical Amish country..
    edited September 2006
    Thanks Datsun. According to that nifty calculator, my current rig needs 295W and my Enermax 365P supplies 350W. If I swap the 9800P for a 7800GS, it shows me I need 301W. The 12v rail squeaks in with 26A so I don't think i'll have any problems (Although I have budgeted a new PSU JIK) What a great application!
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited September 2006
    Phew.. My new 580 cuts the mustard for my desired overclocks, but only by about 15%