Help please..."No Audio Device" found

bobryebobrye Seacoast of NH
edited September 2006 in Hardware
I have a Sony Vaio (VGNS360). Last week the sound suddenly stopped working, even at the bootup Vaio splash. I've been online with Sony and it hasn't helped. If I open the control panel and click on the sound icon it says "No Audio Device". I've tried reinstalling the audio drivers and resetting the bios. Nothing has helped. Any suggestions?

Comments

• edited September 2006
    bobrye wrote:
    I have a Sony Vaio (VGNS360). Last week the sound suddenly stopped working, even at the bootup Vaio splash. I've been online with Sony and it hasn't helped. If I open the control panel and click on the sound icon it says "No Audio Device". I've tried reinstalling the audio drivers and resetting the bios. Nothing has helped. Any suggestions?

Your best bet is to reformat your computer with the backup disk that Sony provides. If the sound still doesn't work after that, it's definitely a hardware problem.
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited September 2006
    I wouldn't jump into a format just yet. :)

What does Device Manager list under Sound, Video, and Game Controllers? Are there any devices marked with a red X or a yellow exclamation point?

You might also check in the BIOS and make sure that the onboard sound is enabled.